New Policies (effective September 1, 2018)
For a number of reasons, including personnel changes and the quest for greater financial efficiency, Homewood Photography is implementing the following changes. Please read them carefully before ordering photographic services.
- Homewood Photography can no longer accommodate requests for photo shoots that are made with less than two business days’ notice. Our schedule does not permit last minute shoots. If you place an order in that short time frame, we will send you a list of recommended freelance photographers you can contact to arrange your shoot.
- If Homewood Photography is unable to accommodate your request due to a previously scheduled booking, we will send you a list of recommended freelance photographers you can choose from and work with.
- Rates of freelance photographers may vary.
- Homewood Photography will not keep images shot by freelancers, so be sure to download them to an appropriate computer.
- Contact your budget administrator if you have questions about hiring a freelance photographer.
- In order to better ensure that clients receive images and invoices in a timely manner, Homewood Photography will be closed on Mondays from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Homewood Photography is no longer able to provide services in the Washington, D.C metro area. If you need services in or around this area, we will provide you with a list of recommended freelance photographers.
Booking a Shoot
University clients may use our online request form to request Homewood Photography’s services for a photo shoot. For more information or if you have questions, call 410-516-5332. Plan as far in advance as possible for photo shoots. Homewood Photography will not be able to accommodate requests received with less than two business days' notice.
Homewood Photography works to promote the university and its many constituent parts. To that end, it makes available free of charge a limited collection of its images for use. Please credit Homewood Photography [provide link] when using these images in your publications. The current collection of these photos are available in our Creative Commons Gallery.
All photos taken by Homewood Photography are the property of The Johns Hopkins University; Homewood Photography retains the copyright to all work its staff produces and reserves the right to use any image for its own purposes. Photos taken by Homewood Photography may be used for promotion of the university and its divisions and schools. Photos created in photo shoots are for unlimited use by the client in official university communications. Clients retain first-time rights, i.e., clients have the right to debut the images created for them. After the image has been published, such first-time rights have been exercised. Once non-transferable rights are purchased via custom photo shoot or stock photo order, you may reuse for University promotional purposes.
You may not:
- Distribute, sell, or share any images produced by Homewood Photography without prior consent from/arrangement with Homewood Photography.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the image(s).
- Use the image(s) in any way that could be considered defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, immoral, or fraudulent. Not to be used in negative ads.
- Run the photo without a credit.
Images created by Homewood Photography should be credited in printed and electronic publications this way:
An abbreviated credit may be run if space is limited:
Photography services (photo shoot time)
|$120 / hour||Standard time (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday)|
|$150 / hour||Premium time (weekends and evenings)|
There is a one-hour minimum for all out-of-office photo assignments. Additional time is billed in ½-hour increments.*
Post processing and art time
|$120 / hour||Post processing time is assessed in ¼-hour increments.|
Travel time for assignments off-campus
|$60 / hour||Travel time is assessed in ¼-hour increments.|
*For the on campus photo assignment that is so limited in scope as to require no more than one hour total for travel, shoot, and post-shoot processing/art, clients will be charged a single one-hour fee. ($120 or $150)
Stock photos are $25 each. To purchase, contact Homewood Photography at email@example.com, or 410-516-5332.